Section 16 of the Supplies Practitioners Management Act 2007 provides that a Practicing License is issued to those persons who have completed an approved course of study, have passed the appropriate examination approved by the Institute and satisfy the terms and conditions as prescribed by the Institute. Consequently, only Full Members and Fellows can qualify to be issued with Supplies Practitioners Licenses.
A. SUPPLIES PRACTITIONERS LICENSES - INDIVIDUAL
Anyone who has been registered as a Supplies Practitioner, whose name is on the Register is taken to be acting as a Supplies Practitioner if he or she is employed in connection with the provision of any procurement and supplies management services by:
- any person who is qualified to act as a Supplies Practitioner
- any partnership or company at least one member of which is so qualified; or
- an incorporated practice so qualified.
A Supplies Practitioners License will be issued to a person, if the Interim Council is satisfied that the person:-
- Is a member of the Institute holding a valid Registration Certificate
- Has paid the prescribed license fee
- Has practiced for at least five years.
B. SUPPLIES PRACTITIONERS LICENSES - FIRMS
Where the holder of a Registration Certificate intends to practice as a firm whether as sole proprietor, partnership or as a body corporate, he shall apply to the Registration Committee for a Supplies Practitioners License. The following documents should be provided:
- Application form duly signed by the Managing Supplies Practitioners in the firm
- Copy of certificate of registration of the company
- Copy of the latest financial statements
- Copies of Supplies Practitioners Licenses of key personnel engaged by the firm
- Copy of Articles and Memorandum of Association
- Tax compliance certificate
A certificate, diploma, degree or research course of instruction in procurement and supply chain management and related fields from a recognized institution.
SUPPLIES PRACTITIONERS LICENSE
- Individual: Kshs 10,000.00
- Firms: Kshs 20,000.00
- License Application Form
- License Renewal Form